This project is a priority for the Spenard Community Council, surrounding facilities, and the adjacent multi‐family and residential neighborhoods.
The Municipality of Anchorage (MOA) is planning to upgrade Lois Drive (from West 32nd Avenue to Benson Boulevard, see map below) and West 32nd Avenue (from Lois Drive to Minnesota Drive) to improve non-motorized connectivity by constructing a new roadway.
Improvements may include:
- New road foundation
- New asphalt pavement
- New storm drain system
- New non-motorized transportation facilities
- Improved street lighting
The MOA has contracted with CRW Engineering Group, Inc. to provide preliminary engineering and design services. The project is funded through the Design Study Report (DSR) phase through local road bonds. Additional funding will be necessary for design and pre‐construction tasks. The earliest construction could occur is in 2023 if funding becomes available.
How to get involved:
- Attend Virtual Open House #2 on August 27, 2020. Join virtually or call in.
- Provide feedback via the interactive map.
- Attend your monthly Spenard Community Council Meeting. Go to this page to see current agendas.
- Sign up for email updates: Select the link at the bottom of this page to sign up.
- Contact us anytime with comments or questions at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Check this website periodically for updates.
No meetings scheduled at this time.
Planning and Zoning Commission (PZC) Meeting
April 5, 2021
Starts at 6:30pm
The Lois and 32nd Ave Upgrades Design Study Report will be a Public Hearing item at the April 5th Planning and Zoning Commission Meeting.
Case 2021-0031 CSS DSR – Lois Drive and West 32nd Avenue Upgrades
The meeting agenda will be posted here when it is available and you can sign up to testify at the meeting here. You must sign up by 2pm on April 5, 2021, if you wish to testify.